The following is a list of requirements which need to be fulfilled in order to qualify for immigration through Express Entry:
1. Age Criteria: All candidates between the ages of 18 and 35 years qualify for the highest points. Applicants above 35 years and higher will receive lesser points according to scale.
2. Documents Required: All candidates will need to submit the following documents in order to substantiate their application:
- Photograph of the principal applicant
- Medical certificate
- Police clearance certificates
- Passport and other travel documents (along with copies)
- Work experience letter (Letter of Recommendation)
- Proof of funds (for FSW stream)
3. Express Entry Points: Once you submit the abovementioned documents you are advised to check your Express Entry Points Calculator score. The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points needed receive an ITA according to the latest Express Entry Draws released on December 19th2018 are 439 CRS Points.
4. Language Proficiency Score: Canada’s official languages are English and French and the IRCC gives great importance to language proficiency. For English, scoring 6 points per Band in the IELTS is necessary to qualify for immigration. You can also use the CLB test to showcase your English language proficiency. Additionally, proficiency in French will merit extra points under the new CRS scheme. Please note that all language proficiency scores need to be less than 6 months old at the time of application.
In order to fulfil this requirement you must furnish you application with recommendation letters from banks or financial institutions. After you have been invited to apply, you will have 90 days to do so.