Taking GRE Practice Tests: Resources
Internet is full of great study materials and resources for the GRE, you only need to look at the right places. Here are some of the hidden-gems which will improve your knowledge base and depth.
- ETS Powerprep Tests – The free powerprep software allows you to download the overviews of each section of the GRE general test available. It also contains a test preview tool and two practice tests to help you get ready for test day. Learn the basics of GRE like how the calculator works, how to return to questions, etc.
- Quizlet – Here you’ll find thousands of flashcards made by other students and teachers about the GRE sections; vocabulary, math etc. This is a great community to practice and learn more GRE related quizzes.
- Manhattan GRE Practice Test – Manhattan’s section adaptive GRE practice exams reflect the most up-to-date GRE content, and have been finely tuned to ensure an experience similar to the real exam. All of the GRE practice tests are delivered via the web; there is nothing to install or download.
- Khan Academy – For each topic in the Math Review, Khan Academy website contains instructional videos. While there isn’t a section dedicated only for GRE Prep, you’ll find plenty of material which is really helpful for GRE studies.
- ETS Topic Pools: Argument and Issue – ETS official website has an entire pool of tasks with essay prompts. These contain the entire pool, which means you will see one of these topics on the exam.
- The Princeton Review free GRE practice tests – to find out how will you score, take a full-length practice test given under the same testing conditions as the actual exams. You’ll learn about the endurance and skill needed to score high on the GRE, and you’ll get a personalized score report that shows your strengths and weaknesses.