Reading practice test 1 – IELTS General Training
You will be allowed 1 hour to complete all 3 sections of the IELTS General Training Reading test.
The three parts of this practice Reading test are presented over three separate web pages. Make sure you move swiftly from one page to the next so that your practice is as realistic as possible.
Time yourself and allow just one hour to complete all three parts.
There are 40 questions in this practice test. Each question carries one mark.
If you prefer to work offline, download the test paper and blank answer sheet.
Instructions to candidates
In the actual test you will be given the following instructions:
- do not open this question paper until you are told to do so
- write your name and candidate number in the spaces at the top of the page
- read the instructions for each part of the paper carefully
- answer all the questions
- write your answers on the answer sheet; use a pencil
- you must complete the answer sheet within the time limit
At the end of the test you will be asked to hand in both the question paper and your answer sheet.
Once you have completed all three sections, download the answers and see how you have done.